Social networking comes to George
The way we work here at Lincolnshire County Council is set to undergo a major change as George – the council’s Intranet – turns social.
This summer, the council intranet will become the conversation and innovation hotspot of the entire organisation – bringing all the benefits of social networking to people’s fingertips. Staff will have the power to:
- find and interact with people across the organisation;
- get the low-down on the latest council goings-on – as they happen;
- have the opportunity to set up secure personal or professional groups that only those invited can see;
- get immediate updates on what’s going on with projects and from contacts;
- upload work, videos, photos, documents and more – sharing and discussing them with colleagues, wherever they might be*.
It will offer a melting pot of creativity, a single space where thoughts, ideas and files can be exchanged, archived and improved. Somewhere staff can work and talk whenever and with whomever they need.
* GEORGEtalk will be available to all staff currently on the LCC IT network.